Thursday, November 02, 2006

No hope

This is a lovely poem about a young girl with childish infatuation. It is written by an Internet friend whom some of us know as Paris2k.

It reads as follows:

Cast aside your childish infatuation
or childish tears will come your way
See not in me what you desire
I'm but a man who's gone astray

No hope you'll find in my heart
No warmth is in my cheek
Oh how I wish that things were different
but I am not what you seek

Your infinite smile betrays you
no notion of the fact
That this charm you see before you
is but a cold and empty act

No hope you'll find in my heart
No warmth is in my cheek
Oh how I wish that things were different
but I am not what you seek

So move along my little beauty
I hope you'll find once what you seek
but speak no more 'bout how you love me
You know not of what you speak

No hope you'll find in my heart
No warmth is in my cheek
Oh how I wish that things were different
but I am not what you seek



He and his friend went further to tune this poem and record it. I find this song fascinating for its brilliant tuning and beautiful vocals. The mp3 can be downloaded and played from here .
We have Paris2k on guitar and his friend with vocals.

The poem and the recording are from Paris2k's webpage that can be visited below:
1.) http://paris2k.lbcchosting.com/poetry.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now look at that... p2k appears to be the player when all this time i thought he was the romantic!

Sarad said...

Yes Zibee, thats a lovely poem. Thanks for stopping by!

nabiy: :-)