Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Food

I thought, my Hindi was the worst amongst all the Hindi speaking people in the world. But that's not quite true.
It was our undergrad days, it's afternoon and my friend decides to break the daily canteen food routine and goes out to the nearest Sardar restaurant. He didn't seem interested in looking up the menu. Anyway, finally the Sardar comes to get the order

Sardar: "Kya kayega?"
Friend: " Ullu ke Parathe".

Sardar(confused): "Kya?"
Friend: " Ullu ke Parathe, dena."

Sardar: " Aloo ke Parathe?"
Friend: " dena, dena".

Sardar smilingly goes off and gets him - Aloo ke Parathe.

5 comments:

Jas B said...

"Ullu ke Paranthe"! LOL!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

haha.....sardar tafri, right ???

Sarad said...

Yes, Sardar Tafri :))

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

u made it up didnt u ? ;) hehe cool

Sarad said...

oh no- I didn't make it up. I don't have that much imagination :-)